Thursday, March 22, 2012

Redefining Diva- Sheryl Lee Ralph The Original Dream Girl Speaks Volumes




















Whenever I heard that term "Diva" it always made me think, who was saying it, who was it being said to and did they deserve it.

The term always did remind me of a vuloptuse Opera singer in all her fabulousness.  Then I started hearing the term being used to describe Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Diana Ross, Diahan Carrol, Dorothy Daindridge, Josephine Baker, Ertha Kitt, Etta James and Ruby Dee, and the likes which made perfect sense.

But as time passed the word in my opinion started to become overly used.  It was being missued.  By people that in my opinion had not had enough life experience, work experience to earn that title.

Then came Mary J Blige, Faith Evans, Sade, Jill Scott, Kelly Price, Anita Baker, Angela Basset, Victoria Rowel, Debbie Morgan, and now the Diva I have come to adore Sheryl Lee Ralph.

I name these names not because those that are not named are not "Divas", that we have come to know.  But to me these are the women that stand out to me to have earned that title.  For one rease or another.

So when I had the priviledge and honor of running Mrs. Sheryl Lee Ralph and her husband, Senator Hughes wedding pictures for magazine article because I handled the editorial content of the particular bridal magazine.  I was in awe.  It was a no brainer to have their wedding featured.  That was the wedding of the year as far as I was concerned.
Then, I met her again at a charity event produced by the amazing John Campbell, JCINTIME Productions, and Chef LoveJones at an Alvin Alley  Dance Studio.  That was an exhilirating encounter.

Then now with great honor and pleasure I get to work with her on the launching of her book in my second home town Brooklyn.  Again brought together by JCINTIME Productions.  This time at the home of the amazing Michael Robinson and Michael Hamilton, and introduction by Harriette Cole.  Chef LoveJones, tantalized our appetite with the most refreshing of foods.  The weather was divine, the crowd beautiful, but the presence of a "Dream Girl" was perfection.

Although it proved to be work for me, no great joy did I experience then being in the room with the most amazing taste makers the industy has to offer.  The enviroment, was right out of the pages of Town and Country, if I say so myself.  The art work has not seen anything yet until the visit this divine home.

But back to the "Diva", Mrs. Sheryl Lee Ralph, she excudes beauty, style and grace, her very presences is that of a queen.
The book is definitely inspiring.  Much to my surprise it seemed to reflect some of my very sentiments about life and family.  I only wish that I had read this book years ago, when my confusion, my questions, my doubts were fresh and the voice of reason I needed could not be heard.
But it is never to late, timing is everything.  I receive it now because I desperately need it now as I open up a new chapter to my book of life. MLM Represnts will represent all that is good.

Thank you Mrs. Sheryl Lee Ralph, you have redefined Diva.

2 comments:

  1. join
    http://www.sixdollarsbusiness.com
    and earn 30 USD a day.to join visit website homepage or call +923136372849.

    ReplyDelete