Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sisterhood of Inspirations




Wonderful day in the life of being MLM.  As I spend the afternoon with dear friend Stacie Jones Upchurch, as I exit HueMan's book store in Harlem, I can't help but be in aww of the rows of books of people of color, negro, black, African American, whatever you want to label me as.
I smile inside with pride as I carry my newly purchased gift, Inspirations by Crystal McCarary.  As I turn each page I can't help but grin with joy as I recognize each of these brilliant women of color, whom some I had the honor of doing there nails, meeting them through friends and other respected clients.  And now to be sharing a room, and hugs and kisses with Crystal McCrary is priceless to me.

Her voice was not only inviting as she shares with you the "Inspiration" behind the book, the people whom she decided would grace the pages of her gift to all women.  But to hear the warmth in her voice as she shares with us the moments with each of them and their special stories.

I could not wait to go home, so I welcomed the subway ride back to Brooklyn, because I know those moments would bring me closer to each of the wonderful, special women that I was about to bring home.

To think Patty LaBelle, Mary J Blige, Thelma Golden, Whoopi Goldberg, Venus Williams, Iman,  Gail King would finally grace me with their presence.  Although for the moment it would be in the pages of this brilliant book.  Some day it will be for real.

Every one that knows me, knows I have an infinity for books.  I am a collector.  So taking me to a book signing is like taking a child to Disney! Please run to your closest book store and demand a copy of  "Inspiration- Profiles Of Black Women Changing Our World".  You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment